Monday 8 April 2013

Hello again!

No doubt you have all heard about the utter mayhem on Arran, with power outages across the entire island for 4 or 5 days. Unfortunately, this all started on the last day of the music festival, so I didn't get to do anything at all! It has been rescheduled for the 19th April, but I have far too many lessons to do that day, and after having 2 weeks of Easter holiday and an extra week off due to the power cuts, my purse is not happy and I cannot afford to take it off. So no music festival for me :(

The ABRSM exams have no been and gone and my kids did really well! I'm so proud of them and glad to hear that their families are just as pleased. My prep-test entrant got a lovely report, and the 2 grade 1 pupils both passed (1 with merit and the other with distinction - and full marks for aural and 1 of her pieces, wowee!) 

I think on the piano front things will quieten down a little bit now, until the mad dash panic for the next round of exams, for which I plan to have at least 1 pupil sitting grade 1. It all depends on the amount of practice that's done and whether or not I think she'll be ready by July. I'm hoping so, because November is so far away. 

This Friday is our choir (Rowan Singers) concert. We have a great mixed program, broken up nicely by vocal and instrumental solos. I am singing 2 Mendelssohn duets with another lady from the choir, so this will be the first time I've performed vocally for a couple of years (other than karaoke, which doesn't count if you ask me). I'm not feeling nervous about it actually, even though we only had our first rehearsal yesterday haha. 

I think that's all for now. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment